How to make Comments, Suggestions and Complaints

We welcome your comments, both positive and negative, as they let us know when we get it right and when there is room for improvement.

Letters of Appreciation

If you have been happy with the care you have received, please let us know.  Letters to the Practice Manager, Tori Richardson, or to individual

doctors are very much appreciated.


If you have any suggestions for making improvements for the way we provide services the please complete a form and post it in the suggestions

box at the reception desk.

If you have a query of concern, but do not want to make a formal complaint please speak to our Reception Manager, Karen who will be happy to

assist you in answering your queries or concerns.  If Karen is unavailable please ask to speak to Tori Richardson, Practice Manager.

Alternatively, you can contact:

Dorset Advocacy - 0300 343 7000 - who offer free information, support and advocacy services 

Healthwatch - 0300 111 0102 - who help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services 

The Independent Advocacy Service (ICAS) 0845 120 3782


If you are unhappy with any aspect of your care or service, please let us know as soon as possible.  We operate an internal complaints procedure which meets

with the national NHS criteria.

How do I complain?

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly often at the time they arise.

If your problem can not be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible.  Complaints should be

addressed to our Practice Manager, Mrs Tori Richardson.

We will aim to acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days, either verbally or in writing.  There may be an offer at this stage to discuss the complaint

and how it is going to be handled, including the likely period for completing the investigation and receiving a response.

We will send you a written response as soon as reasonably practical after completing the investigation, which will include:

  • An explanation of how the complaint has been considered
  • Conclusions reached
  • Any matters for which remedial action is needed and will be taken

Complaining on behalf of someone else

You can make a complaint on behalf of someone else (e.g. an elderly relative) but you must have their written permission.

NHS Complaints Procedure

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our internal complaints procedure.  We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has

gone wrong and an opportunity to make improvements.

You may choose to make your complaint to NHS England who commission our services.

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

By email to:

If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line.

By telephone: 0300 311 22 33

If you remain unhappy once local resolution is completed, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint.

The address is: 

The Parliamentary & Health Services Ombudsman

Millbank Tower





Telephone 0345 0154003



The PHSO would normally expect any request to be lodged within 12 months however, you are encouraged to make the approach as soon as possible after the completion of the local resolution.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website